Learn all about the 4 winners for the 2022 French Outdoor Awards!
On January 15 in Chamonix, France, the final test day for the 2022 French Outdoor Awards took place, offering a great opportunity for early adopters to test 30 of the latest and greatest innovations in outdoor sports clothing and equipment.
Around three-dozen enthusiasts enjoyed testing the wide variety of products and services vying for an award this year. An experience enhanced by the fact that the brands were present to explain their innovations in detail.
The judges who gathered in Chamonix were also able review all of competing products and brands before making their final choice. The 4 winners of the 2022 edition of the French Outdoor Awards are:
- Startup Award: Wise Trail Running‘s Sherpa Shorts with their built in water bottle pouch. The goal? To keep your bottle or anything else you put in this pocket firmly in place. You can stow more than you thought imaginable in these shorts. They will replace your hydration pack on just about any trail run!
- Digital Award: the K-IP GPS beacon by API-K, a unique new high-precision beacon that keeps you safe while offering the freedom to enjoy outdoor sports anywhere and everywhere.
- Sustainability Award: Lugik by Decathlon with its innovative Trilugik sled. This eco-designed modular sled scales up and down in size for babies, kids, teenagers, and adults to enjoy.
- Innovation Award: Gignoux‘s Mountain 2022 carbon-fiber alpine touring boots for backcountry skiers and ski-mountaineers looking for lightweight on the up without compromising on downhill performance. Made in the French Alps, these boots weigh just 750g per foot.
We would like to thank all of our partners who made this innovation competition possible:
- The Auvergne-Rhône Alpes Region for its support in promoting the French outdoor sports industry.
- The Chamonix Valley – Mont-Blanc Greater Area, for hosting us at the Les Planards ski area all day on January 15.
- Our media partners: Niveales, Groupe Dauphiné Media, Outdoor Experts, Sport Guide, Schneemenschen, MokaSport, Daily Fresh Media.
- Digital Test Center: a digital application developed for testing products/services in real-world conditions, and includes the ability to compile user reviews for participating brands.